Sunday, June 7, 2009

Painting

Ever since we moved into our house, I have been wanting to PAINT! Jake has said since the beginning, "you only paint a wall that needs to be painted". Since our house was new, all the walls looked fine, so I had to just leave it alone. Now we have lived here for 2 years, and Jake was thinking of things to do since he has so many days off, and I just mentioned why dont we re-do the living room? He went for it and I was so excited! The next step was picking a color. My living room is pretty neutral, and I was TIRED of it! So I decided I wanted RED. At first Jake and even my mom were like "there is not even a little bit of red in this room" so i guess that meant I had to get new throw pillows and rugs too right? And since I shopped around and found pretty good deals, Jake agreed. He still doubted what it would look like going from white to red, but in the end we both Love it! We only did 2 opposite accent walls, because I think it would have been too much to do the whole room. The pictures arn't great because the sun was shining in.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I will have to come see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I am all for doing something bold like that. Good call on only 2 walls tho. You want to keep it looking like a big room, not closed in. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete