Saturday, May 22, 2010

Awful, No Good, Very Bad Week!

Ok, so I tried thinking of a really cool story to tell how I sprained my ankle, but nothing seems to end up very believable so here is the real/embarrassing story. I was outside with Jake, and he told me to come and look at how big the squash was in the garden. Happily I am walking through the grass and Bam! Flip! Bang!...our dog came around the corner full speed and must of lost eye sight for a second because he ran right into my leg, knocking me off my feet and somehow I ended up facing the opposite direction I was going. Not sure exactly how the ankle got hurt, but man did it HURT!...I was crying and could not walk so Jake had to carry me inside. After 24 hours of STILL not being able to walk I went to the Dr. to have an X-ray. I swore it was broke because of how bad it still really hurt. Anyone who has been to the ER knows you have to tell the story of how it happened to about 3 different ppl, I got funny looks, and even the comment of "that must have been a big dog"...I am thinking to myself , no Sh*T you idiot! what did he a think a miniture poodle did this to me??... Turned out, "Nope, not broke"...I was relieved (yay no crutches), but still going crazy not being able to walk on it. Anyways it took 4 whole days before I could actually walk normal, but even now if I bend my foot a certain way it hurts. Emmet was cracking me up though, by the second day I could at least hop on one foot and I would be up doing something in the kitchen and hear little thuds and giggles behind me. He would just follow me around trying to hop, he thought that was hilarious!...so did we!:)...By day 3 I could hobble (is that a word), It kinda seemed like I was being sneaky, so he would follow me around walking very slowly on his tipee-toes:). Now I am well and get to enjoy my last week off before summer classes start.

1 comment:

  1. haha you mom told me this story the other day. I was laughing so hard. I'm sorry, it must of sucked! But the whole emmet thing is soo funny!

    ReplyDelete