So all along I decided I wanted to not find out the gender of this baby. At the beginning it seemed like it was going to be super easy, plus I already thought it was just going to be another boy, so I didn't mind waiting until he actually arrived to fully confirm it. We told all our friends and family that we did not want to find out the gender also, but Sandra and my mom insisted on us knowing or at least going to the Ultrasound appointment. I knew they couldn't come to the ultrasound because it would be too hard for them not to talk the tech into telling them, plus my mom has eyes like a hawk and probably would be able to tell the gender just by looking at the screen. So it was decided that we would not tell anyone when our ultrasound appointment would be. A couple weeks before the appintment I went from "No, I am not finding out" to "I hope I can be strong enough and not find out". The morning of the appointment I woke up and told Jake "I WANNA KNOW"...He was fine with finding out since it was my idea in the first place to be surprised. We waited in the waiting room for an hour (which was making me crazy). Once we got called back, Jake instantly became ancy, and his hands were sweating...lol. He so badly wanted a daddy's girl that he couldn't stand the few minutes of the tech checking to make sure everything else looked ok. For some reason they don't tell the gender until the very end, which makes it worse. Finally the tech says , "I definitely see girl parts!"....I was so shocked and immediately asked if she was REALLY REALLY sure. Here was her reply "I have been doing this for 20 years, I am 99.9% sure it is a little girl. If For whatever reason I am wrong, I will come to your house myself and re-paint the baby room."...This made me feel a whole lot confident. Also at my 15 week ultrasound with Dr. Tran, he made it sound like it was a girl, but said it still was too early. (he said this without knowing that we weren't planning on finding out). So all in all I am SO glad I decided to find out, because there is so much I want to have done before she is here. Also if this is the only girl I end up having I want to have it all!:)
~After all the shock finally set in, we were thinking of a cute idea to tell the parents. We ended up buying Plain crafting frames which I decorated as GIRLY as possible, and put one of the ultrasound pictures in each frame. Didn't want to just hand it over, so we put them in the mail and had them delivered. Everyone was so shocked since they did not even know I had my appt. Jake's mom and Grandmother called me in tears!...This is the first little girl on the McBiles side of the family in years. My mom was also super excited for me, because she knew it was what I wanted.

The frames I made

Our little girl
Cute idea! I'm so happy, I'm sure you all are!! I can't wait to see what she is going to look like! :) I'm crossing my fingers for blue eyes and dark hair :)
ReplyDeleteI want her to have curly hair too! I'm still in shock about the whole thing, i hope that ultrasound tech is really good and didn't mess up! What are you doing to her room? I'm sure your going all out with it. Miss ya
ReplyDeleteI have said it before, I don't care if she has purple hair when she is born! LOL. As long as she is still a healthy baby girl:). The tech seemed pretty confident, and also Tran thought it was a girl 4 weeks earlier. Also the tech not only saw her girl parts, but ovaries:). Not for sure about the room yet, so many to choose from:)...Just in case though, I am going to have Tran give me another U/S at my next appt:)
ReplyDeleteAnd I REALLY want to go get a 4D when I am further along:)
ReplyDelete